The British Trust for Tantur is funding an ecumenical educational tour of the Holy Land with a focus on reconciliation from 20-30 April 2015. The Trust exists to support the work of the Tantur Ecumenical Centre in Jerusalem and to foster ecumenical relationships and ecumenical study. The tour will be organised by the Tantur Ecumenical Centre in Jerusalem and funded by the British Trust.
Some of the Trustees of the British Trust will accompany the group. People are invited to apply for a place on the tour. Preference will be given to those who can show a strong ecumenical commitment, those who might not otherwise be in a position to visit the Holy Land and those who are involved in some kind of leadership in their church, whether ordained or lay. The group will represent a cross-section of denominations.
Closing date for applications: 31 July 2014.
A small group of Trustees of the British Trust for Tantur and a representative of Churches Together in England will select suitable candidates. Successful applicants will be asked to forward a cheque for £200 to the British Trust as a guarantee that they will not pull out late in the day from the tour. It will be possible for this amount to be refunded at the end of the tour if necessary, but it would also be possible to gift aid it to the British Trust increasing its value.
- Must be e-mailed and a signed copy sent by post to arrive by 3.30 pm on Thursday 31 July 2014.
- Must be made in black ink on the correct application form. Handwritten, typed or word-processed applications are all acceptable, as long as a Word or pdf version is sent electronically. Other documentation will not be accepted.
- Late applications cannot be considered, even if the e-mailed version has been sent in advance. An application is not valid until the signed hard copy has been received.
- Will be acknowledged by e-mail within five working days.
- Should be posted to: Lorraine Shannon (Tantur), Churches Together in England, 27 Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HH.
- And should be e-mailed to email@example.com with the subject line of: Tantur tour application.